The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established in the year 2014 in Sachin Deb Barman Memorial Govt. Music College to build and ensure a quality culture at the institution. The IQAC channelizes and systematizes the efforts and measures of the institution towards academic excellence. The IQAC ushers in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
1. To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College.
2. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges;
Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents, and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
Documentation of the various programs/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement;
Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/ enhancing the institutional quality
Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report(AQAR)of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAACP, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format;
Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Units of Colleges based on the AQAR;
Interaction with IQAC in the pre and post-accreditation quality assessment, sustenance, and enhancement endeavors.
- Dr. Tripti Watwe, Principal-in-charge -- Chairperson.
- Sri. Shounak Ray, Asstt. Professor – Coordinator.
- Sri. Dhirendra Debbarma, Jt. Director, Directorate of Higher Education – Member.
- Sri. Debabrata Das, Asstt. Professor, Govt. College of Art & Craft, Agartala –Member.
- Sri. Mrinal Roy, Instructor – Member.
- Sri. Narayan Majumder, Instructor – Member.
- Sri. Subrata Talukdar, Instructor –Member.
- Smt. Kalpana Dey, PGT - Member.
- Smt. Sanhita Ghosh, Instructor – Member.
- Smt.Jayasree Bhowmik, LDC & Cashier – Member.